Summary of Qualifications
- Business Owner/CEO 32 years
- Fiscal Management/Budgeting 32 years
- Sales/Merchandising 32 years
- Inventory Control 32 years
- Staff Recruitment/Retention 23 years
- Strategic Planning 22 years
- Manufacturing/Production of Goods 18 years
- Graphics Design 17 years
Overview – Arkansas Flag and Banner has grown into a multi-million dollar company under the leadership of Kerry Thompson McCoy, with 22 full-time employees. By embracing the Internet, modern technology, and direct purchasing techniques, AFB is moving toward becoming a nationally recognized entity in the flag and patriotic merchandising arena. Additionally, AFB has established the Dreamland Ballroom as a community venue to enhance the availability of quality entertainment and social events.
- 1975 – Began Arkansas Flag and Banner (AFB) with a capital investment of $400; started work by cold calling businesses to sell flag products.
- 1975 – 1984 employed in various part-time ventures, while growing the business.
- 1984 – Hired first sales staff for AFB.
- 1985 – Secured $20,000 loan for yellow page advertisement in the seven surrounding states to increase sales; moved into first commercial property located on Main Street in North Little Rock, Arkansas; implemented a small, commission based sales force.
- 1989 – Created the sewing department; purchased the company’s first sewing apparatus.
- 1991 – Created the graphics design department; purchased a computer graphics machine to sell computer generated banners.
- 1991 – Began to screen and print United States flags and banners, as a direct result of Desert Storm.
- 1992 – Used proceeds to purchase and renovate the current headquarters, located in the historic Taborian Hall on Ninth Street in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- 1993 – Computerized sales and accounting processes; purchased office computers.
- 1995 – Purchased the name – FlagandBanner.com in an effort to reinvent the business; launched and managed four websites and subsequent changes.
- 2000 – Secured $500,000 loan, modernized/upgraded FlagandBanner.com infrastructure.
- 2001 – Created a retail storefront, comprised of a storeroom for customers to browse merchandize found during buying trips. All gifts and accessories are published and available thru the website: www.flagandbanner.com.
- Currently exploring expansion into the Asian manufacturing market for direct purchasing; AFB will also add fiber optics to upgrade the phone system and create in-house web hosting.
Kerry McCoy is owner of Flag and Banner located in Little Rock, Arkansas.Flag and Banner